Brother got stuck with braces, he couldn’t stand the pain and can’t eat anything that requires chewing. So soups are the “solution”. Solution=liquid. He liked it, so did my mother. Ay!
1 washed big or medium lettuce
2 medium zucchinis
2 garlic cloves
2 handfuls of chopped leek
500 ml water
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Salt to taste
1 tbsp fresh coriander (optional)
1. Steam the lettuce. Put every ingredient in a pot, add water, bring water to a boil and keep small fire (100ºC) for 25 minutes.
2. Transfer the soup to a food processor or whatever to cream the soup. Correct the salt.
3. Put some toasts if you’d like, this will raise the amount of carbohydrates.
Enjoy! I really liked it!
O meu irmão colocou aparelho, não consegue comer nada sólido que requer mastigar por causa da dor. Sopa é a “solução”! Solução porque é líquido… O meu irmão e a minha mãe gostaram muito! 😀
1 alface grande ou média lavada
2 courgettes médias
2 dentes de alho
2 mãos de alho francês cortado grossamente
500 ml de água
3 colheres de sopa de azeite extra virgem
Sal a gosto
1 colher de sopa de coentro fresco (opcional)
Tostas integrais (opcional)
1. Cozer a alface a vapor. Colocar todos os ingredientes numa panela, adicionar a água, ferver e manter fogo pequeno (100 º C) por 25 minutos.
2. Transfira a sopa para um processador de alimentos ou o que tiver para cremar a sopa. Corrija o sal.
3. Colocar as tostas na sopa. Isto irá elevar a quantidade de hidratos de carbono.
When we have spinach at home it is always me who has to exterminate it in some tasty way.
This time I’m going for a empada, some sort of tart?, amongst the Portuguese and Brazilian is quite popular. They have a reason to it! They are easy to make, portable and tasty. Great when you are in a rush, if you want a light meal.
I’ve searched a bit and changed it a bit 🙂
makes 3 small empadas, you can just double 1 triple that! Ingredients
5 pre-made Shortcrust Pastry
3 garlic cloves
3 tbsp of virgin olive oil
approximately 200 grams of spinach leaves (two handfuls)
3 portobello mushrooms
Salt, ground nutmeg, black pepper
2 tbsp soy milk(optional)
2 tbsp of your favourite vegan cream cheese!
1. Turn the oven to 210°C and Place the portabello mushrooms on the grilling tray until it smells good, about 10 minutes. Take out the mushroom and cut into small cubes. 2. Cook garlic in the olive oil with low heat, when soft and golden throw in washed, drained spinach leaves. You should hear sizzle~ add satt, nutmeg, black pepper to taste. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms. 3. When the excess water has been evaporated, it should be a little moist though, add soy milk, blend. Correct seasonings if desired. Cook for about 7 minutes until it resembles a paste, so, it shouldn’t have much water, stir in the cream cheese and set aside. 4. Grease a cupcake form with olive oil, place the 4 of the pastry sheets, cut the remaining sheet into 4 equal parts, will work as the “lid”. 5. When the filling is cooled down, pour the filling in the pastry “shells” and cover the shell with the oil brushed lid (you can use the excess oil from the pan) gently closing the pastry together with your fingers. 6. Place the empadas in the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the filling stops bubblingand the crust is nice and golden and crunchy!